East Coast inspiration
Whether you prefer ship or shore, you’ll find a sea of design possibilities in shades of seashell ivory, ocean blue, sand beige and sunset red when creating a cozy beach retreat in your corner of the world.
Evoke the casual New England coastal life with beach-themed accessories and fabrics in nautical-toned patterns, stripes or plaids. Wood flooring and accents – natural, weathered or painted – punctuate a window-filled room that that lets light and energy flow with the power of the wavy ocean. For flair that’s still utilitarian, select casual furniture in wicker or rattan.
Cape Cod deco essentials:
- Best for rooms with great windows and natural light to bring the outdoors in.
- Sand and sea colorscape: whites, grays, beiges, blues – ocean and weathered; accent with primary colors in rich or washed shades.
- Keep furniture casual and simple with wood, wicker, rattan either in natural or painted state. A rocking chair somewhere is a must.
- Paneled wainscoting adds strong lines.
- Choose natural fabrics with nautical patterns, beach-towel stripes.
- Accessorize with cozy quilts, see-through vases filled with seaglass and seashells, beach/nautical accessories, New England-coast style antiques (lantern, weathervane, ship in a bottle, etc.)
- Our Ella Glacier Blue Freestanding Bathtub
Learn more about Ella Freestanding Bathtub