Reporting to the Director of Production, the Head of Materials' Management leads the planner-buyer team and, among other responsibilities, he coordinates the activities related to production planning and the purchase of raw materials both in North America and China.
He determines the requirements for the Lachine plant as they relate to labor, raw materials and finished products.
- Lead and support his team within a continuous improvement approach.
- Prepare and manage the master production plan.
- Focus on issues of concern so as to initiate a search for solutions with all interveners.
- Analyse various events (promotions, new clients, store openings, etc.) to determine their impact on production, transportation and purchasing. Ensure that communications are clear and timely.
- Monitor throughout the year the forecasts made by the master planner in order to adjust the master production plans as required.
- Support the new product development teams and liaise between the Sales/Marketing and Operations departments.
- Keep current a communication tool illustrating upcoming important events.
- Calculate the safety stocks for inter-plant products (products stocked in a plant other than the production plant) in order to ensure a level of service in line with the company's objectives, supply programs and strategic vision.
- Actively participate in the continuous improvement of operations and business processes.
Professional Skills and Qualifications
1) Minimum level of education and/or specialization:
- Bachelor's degree in Administration / Operations' management
2) Minimum level of education and/or specialization:
- 10 years in planning / purchasing
3) Professional Skills:
- Bilingualism (oral and written)
- Analytical skills
- Experience in manufacturing sector
- Practical knowledge of SAP (asset)
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel)
- Strong communicator
- Sound listening skills and ability to understand, motivate and influence
- Solid leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Team spirit
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- The Lachine plant team of buyers and planners
Should you be interested in taking on this challenge, please send your Curriculum Vitae to Jorge Frais (firstname.lastname@example.org) and specify the title of the position.