Under the authority of the Head of materials management, the planner / buyer coordinates production planning activities for each area of the plant under his or her responsibility based on customer orders, the plant’s master production schedule and the correct level of finished product inventory to be maintained. In addition, he coordinates the supply of raw materials and production supplies under its responsibility according to the needs and activities in accordance with the standards, policies and values of the company.
- Analyzes, defines and plans the sequence of manufacturing operations; monitors production to successfully satisfy customer needs and optimize the use of existing resources ( capacity, lead times)
- Develops effective policies on Safety stocks and finishes product reorder points (ROPs) that will maximize finished product inventory turnover and allow the company to achieve its sales objectives.
- Monitors inter-company product procurement processes in accordance with the corporate policies established by our national coordinators and takes appropriate corrective action with the various departments involved in customer order fulfillment. STO (Stock Transfer Orders).
- Analyzes and optimizes raw materials requirements planning (MRP) parameters and procedures in the SAP system to maximize inventory turnover, taking existing constraints into account (minimum orders, supplier delivery lead times, safety stocks, inventory costs, prices, etc…
- Releases purchase orders for products covered by pre-negotiated blanket agreements and follow up with suppliers to meet production needs.
- Develops production planning scenarios to assess the feasibility of customer demands or company projects and submits the results to the production department (supervisor and manager)
- Returns merchandise to suppliers based on non-conformance reports issued with by the Quality Department.
- Analyzes, optimizes and updates system planning parameters to reflect production constraints so that customer can be given accurate and achievable delivery dates.
- Defines and keeps performance indicators up to date for his or her area of responsibility and develops action plans to improve results.
Minimum level of education and/or specialization:
Minimum relevant experience required
- DEC in operation management
- DEC in industrial management
- Any other relevant combination of training and experience for the position
- 3 years in planning / purchasing
Specific skills and requirements:
- Bilingualism (oral and written)
- Analytical skills
- Experience in manufacturing sector
- Practical knowledge of SAP (asset)
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel)
- Strong communicator
- Solid leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Team spirit
- Ability to perform well under pressure
If you are interested in this challenge, please send your resume to the attention of Jorge Frias (email@example.com) specifying the title, or click the link below