MAAX Bath Inc. engages in the design, development, manufacture, and distribution of bathroom products for the residential housing market in North America and internationally. MAAX markets its products through various distribution channels, including wholesalers, showrooms, specialty retailers, and home centers. The company was founded in 1969 and is headquartered in Lachine, Quebec.
Under the direction of the PLANT MANAGER, the Production Supervisor leads the direct and indirect work force to achieve daily production and operational objectives. The Production supervisor will also be responsible for driving change within the work force to sustain the gains achieved from continuous improvement initiatives.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages production flow by making sure Standard Work is being followed and Plan to Actual boards are posted by hour. Takes corrective action as needed to meet Takt time
- Plans and manages work cell and direct labor on a daily basis based on customer demand
- Applies and maintains regulations and programs relating to health and safety in the work place, personnel management (hiring, firing, disciplinary…) training, quality assurance and equipment maintenance;
- Manages the CoPQ quality system to ensure products meet established quality standards for construction, fit, and finish. Ensures recordkeeping requirements are met;
- Makes recommendations aimed at increasing production and improving working methods; participates in the continuous improvement process;
- Works with other departments to develop new products and put them into production;
- Ensures the timely availability of raw materials and makes recommendations as necessary utilizing the kanban process;
- Participates in committees and projects.
Minimum level of education and/or specialization:
Minimum relevant experience required:
Special abilities and requirements:
- High school education required: Associate degree or other similar training is preferred.
Specific skills and requirements: (competencies critical to the incumbent’s success)
- 3 to 5 years of manufacturing supervision of 10+ employees
- Ability to work in a team
- Strong communication skills
- Advanced leadership skills; ability to motivate employees and attract followers
- Strong safety acumen; ability to lead a crew to injury-free performance.
- Problem solving skills
- Competency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Lean Manufacturing experience a plus.
- Strong organization skills; ability to satisfy numerous constituents
- Strong link with Customer Service, Quality Assurance and Outside suppliers
Candidates must be assertive, goal oriented individuals who thrive in a fast paced continuous improvement environment.
MAAX offers a competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, tuition reimbursement, product discounts and 401k benefits with company match.
Candidates may fax, e-mail or mail a resume and cover letter with compensation expectations using: (574) 936-9824,
Plymouth.Jobs@MAAX.com or mail to: (no phone calls please)
1001 N. Oak Drive
Plymouth, IN 46563